First off, PLEASE do not walk up a few minutes before class starts and ask what you have missed. At that time I'm rarely able to go into the 90 minutes of instruction you have missed. I have no magic dust to make your absence just fade away. However, I'm more than happy to help you get caught up if you just follow the simple steps listed below:
- Check our online lesson calendar for what has been covered, noting any online assignments that you might be able to do on your own.
- Read the text sections listed on the right-side of our online lesson calendar. (Don't just look at these text sections, but READ them!)
- Look for any lecture notes I may have online and copy them into your class notebook, then try to get any additional notes from another classmate. (As you know, I do a lot in class on the whiteboard beyond these basic, powerpoint notes).
- Upon your return, come in BEFORE school starts to get any questions answered that you might have. I get in nearly always around 6:30 AM and will be more than happy to help you get caught up any time before the school day starts.
- Open Lab Tuesdays: Every Tuesday after school students will be able to make up any missed labs from the previous week. If you are not able to come that Tuesday, just let me know so we can arrange another time. However, if you just let it go... well, all will be put away and you will have missed this make-up opportunity.
As is always, please don't ever hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns. We all get sick or have problems out of our control. Getting you caught up is part of my job and I'll be more than happy to help you in any way I can. But again, I've no magic dust... you'll need to work a bit overtime along with me if you hope to get caught up!